Thursday, August 04, 2005

Welcome to Birdwatchin' Buzz

Thanks for visiting the first weblog of Birdwatchin' Buzz. I'm a bird lover . . . yep, that's me! This crazy fascination began years ago when my Dad brought home two pet cockatiels . . . quickly named Junior and Pancho. They were lovable, sweet and real characters. I was mesmerized. But it wasn't until years later -- I was in my early 40's -- that the fascination led me down a life-path devoted to birds. I brought home my first large parrot 20 years ago and since then my avian family has grown to 15.

But you're thinking this weblog is about backyard bird watching, so why mention exotic pet birds? Afterall bird watching is all about the wild birds that visit our backyards and those we search for beyond . . . not those that live with us. Be sure that I won't stray far from bird watching -- in fact the next weblog will be about the wild birds that are visiting my backyard this summer.

For now, I just wanted to say "hi" and tell you a little about my bird family. In fact, if you'd like to know more about us read
How 13 Birds Became a Family
. I believe there isn't a better way to appreciate bird behavior, intelligence and personality than living in daily contact with birds that bond with you. This daily experience is responsible for exploding my interest in identifying, feeding and watching birds in the wild.

If you love bird watching and feeding birds in your backyard, or have pet birds, or just enjoy animals and nature in general come back for another visit. I'll welcome comments about your interest in birds and animals. I'll do my best to help you find the answers to questions you may have, so be sure to pass them along. Again, thanks for visiting, it's great to connect with another bird-lover!

No comments: